Doug Ford promised voters he’d modernize Ontario’s alcohol retailing. Tell him to keep his word!
Dear Premier Ford,
This past election you promised voters you'd modernize alcohol sales in Ontario. Specifically, you promised voters that you would:
- Expand sales of beer and wine into corner stores, grocery stores, and box stores
- Withdraw from Wynne's sweetheart deal with The Beer Store
- Drop the minimum price of beer to $24 per case, plus deposit
- Allow all stores to carry large cases of beer, and,
- That you would implement this policy as soon as possible.
I've been happy to see you move ahead with modernizing our alcohol laws by dropping the minimum price of beer, expanding Sunday hours, and the recent announcements in the budget - but much more needs to be done.
I'm writing to ask that you keep your promise, and stand up for consumers and small businesses over special interest groups.
I would like to receive emails from FreeMyBooze